£65,000-71,000 (depending on experience)
+ car allowance, 28 holiday days, healthcare, and annual bonus
I am working with one of the UK’s leading housebuilders, looking to strengthen their Surrey based division with a brand spanking new Technical Manager. This residential developer builds award-winning homes across the country, striving to deliver not only beautiful but also sustainable developments.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Manager, or Senior Technical Coordinator ready for a step up, to manage 2-3 live projects across the Southern Home Counties. You will be joining an established and successful team, who want a Technical Manager that understands the importance of teamwork, morale, and being able to have a laugh, while also delivering to a high standard.
You will effectively come in as Number 3—working alongside a Senior Technical Manager and reporting into the Technical Director. It is essential that you can demonstrate recent experience of running multiple projects, while also being able to guide and educate the more junior team members who sit at the Coordinator level.
As a Technical Manager, you need to be confident and self-sufficient as you will be able to determine how you work in terms of how often you’re out on site versus in the office. You need to be able to not only understand drawings but also be able to really pull them apart.
Why should you want this job?
- This division has 5 new projects in the pipeline of between 40-250 units, so you won’t be starting on the backfoot cleaning up someone else’s mess of a site (you’ll get to create your own mess!).
- Excellent progression opportunities with a heavy promote-from-within culture, easily demonstrated by the team currently in place.
- An excellent benefits package that well exceeds that of competitors in the area: including 28 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 3 days, a car allowance, healthcare, and annual discretionary bonus of between 7-15%.
To be successful in this position, we will need to see:
- The recent experience of managing multiple residential projects (of any size)
- Experience of traditional build housing
- Construction or design related further education
- Relevant CSCS card
- Excellent base level of technical knowledge, which will be tested in an interview
In terms of the role itself, your responsibilities as Technical Manager will include:
- Appointment of external consultants.
- Control the design process, from planning application through to project completion.
- Ensure consultants prepare detailed design in accordance with any Employers Requirements and Contractors Proposals.
- Manage and review the design development process ensuring value engineering and buildability are considered.
- To ensure timely registration with warranty providers i.e. NHBC, Robust Details and Building Regulation Application.
- Clearance of planning and building control conditions.
- Management of utilities.
- Manage the preparation, approval and distribution of the Health and Safety File/Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Review design development to allow construction of works to follow safety working practices and be in accordance with current legislation, Group Policy and Procedures.
For more information on this opportunity or similar, please contact Emma Wood at Rytons Associates.